Gatwick Airport, official IATA code – LGW is also known as London Gatwick. It is the major international airport near Crawley in West Sussex. LGW is the second-busiest airport in the UK by total passenger traffic and the 9th biggest in Europe.
The airport carried 46.1 million passengers in 2018 and is a single runway airport. It is a base of many scheduled airlines including British Airways, EasyJet, Virgin Atlantic, and Norwegian.
Easy Jet is the biggest airline operating from here that accounts for 45% of its traffic, carrying nearly 16 million passengers with flights to 100 routes on 60+ aircraft.
TERMINALS AND FLIGHT MOVEMENT AT LONDON GATWICK AIRPORT
The airport has two terminals – North and South. Both of these terminals have shops and restaurants. It is disabled-friendly with facilities for baby changing and feeding and has a specialized lounge for business travelers.
It is a circular satellite pier based terminal with 0.75-mile of automated people mover landside connecting the North to the South terminal. Check-in is at level 2
Airlines Operating From South Terminal
- Aegean Airlines
- Aer Lingus
- Swiss International Air Lines
- Turkish Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic (Self Service Available)
- Cathay Pacific
- Croatia Airline
- SATA International
- Wizz Air
- WOW Air
Check-in is located on level 2 and arrival is on the ground floor. There are food and drink options on the check-in level 2 along with lots of shopping opportunities, internet kiosks, a chapel, and a prayer room, left-luggage facilities and money exchange bureau.
Airlines That Operate From the North Terminal
- Air Canada
- Royal Air Maroc
- Thomson Airways
- Tianjin Airlines
Facilities offered at London Gatwick Airport
LGW is a unique airport in London that serves a combination of full service, low-cost and charter services flights through 50 airlines operating from here.
London Gatwick has several familiar restaurants like Starbucks, Caviar House & Prunier, and Pret a Manger located at both the terminals. Britain’s most famous chefs, Jamie Oliver, has numerous restaurants, including Jamie Oliver’s Diner ( located at South terminal), Jamie’s Italian (North), Jamie’s Bakery (North), and Union Jacks (North). Other North Terminal restaurants include YO! Sushi, and international-themed Wondertree, and Nando’s, and Wagamama with a Japanese-inspired menu.
There are many pubs to grab a drink like The Red Loin, The Nicholas Culpeper, The Beehive, The Flying Horse, and Jamie Oliver’s Union Jacks. The London Bar (South) is more of a classic airport cocktail lounge. There’s Shake-A-Hula (North) for milkshakes and coffee, and Joe’s Coffee House (South) and Jaime’s Coffee (North).
London Gatwick has a wide selection of branded outlets like Lacoste, Ray-Ban, Hugo Boss, and there’s The Harry Potter Shop ( North) for shopping for kids items. There’s even a Gatwick Aviation Museum located next to the airport.
AIRPORT LOUNGES AT LONDON GATWICK
- LGW has a number of airport lounges in both terminals. The tranquil first-class lounge – No1 Lounge and Clubrooms provides ultimate relaxation, serves hot seasonal dishes freshly prepared in the kitchen, and a wide range of wines, beers, and spirits.
- The Club Aspire Lounge (North) is a brand new oasis away from the chaos which has quiet zones, food and drink, WiFi and guaranteed delay cover.
- Besides this, there are dedicated lounges from several airlines, including British Airways, Virgin Atlantic and, Emirates that welcome travelers with priority tickets or for certain cardholders.
CONNECTIVITY FROM LONDON HEATHROW AIRPORT
- LGW is the world’s first airport to have a direct mainline train and a dedicated railway station
- This airport is the UK and Europe’s best airport known for its trains which offer 120+ connections
- Gatwick’s train station is served by Gatwick Express, Thameslink Southern and Thameslink trains
- Choose Oyster card or National Railcard for London’s ticketless rail transport
GATWICK AIRPORT TAXIS
Taxi service is really convenient and from the airport to Crawly and costs just around £10.40. Top taxi operator services include Hertz, Avis, Europcar, Alamo, Enterprise, and Budget.
GATWICK AIRPORT BY BUS
- National Express runs every 30-minute service between Gatwick and Victoria Coach Station. The journey varies between 20 minutes to 1 hour depending on destinations.
- easyBus also offers high-frequency, low-cost, non-stop 24/7 express bus service between Gatwick Airport and Earl’s Court/West Brompton.
- Affordable coaches from Victoria coach station and National Express from North and South terminals.
Note: London Gatwick can offer a cheaper travel option as compared to Heathrow Airport. However, LGW is located 28 miles due south of Central London, making the journey between Gatwick and Central London on Gatwick Express last 30 minutes non-stop and is the cheapest travel option. To save a few pounds, it is best to go for rideshares on Uber or book train tickets online.
MOST POPULAR ROUTE FROM THE US TO LONDON GATWICK AIRPORT
New York – London Gatwick (NYC – LGW) Average time take 6h 55m+ – Cheapest ticket as per the last week’s trend on flightstolondon.org hovers around $300.
- Los Angeles 13h 40m+ with fares starting @ $349
- Orlando 10h 15m+ @ $355
- Chicago 9h 55m+ @ $510
- Boston 8h 55m+ @ $305
CHEAP FLIGHTS AND BEST LAST-MINUTE DEALS TO LONDON GATWICK
Other popular routes from the US, their average flight durations and best fares on flightstolondon.org are listed below:
- Oakland 17h 40m+ @ $370
- Seattle 12h 25m+ @ $452
- Miami 10h 15m+ @ $355
- Washington 09h 30m+ @ $483
- Denver 10h 15m+ @ $575
- San Francisco 17h 05m+ @ $358
- Las Vegas 10h 00m+ @ $580
CHEAPEST FLIGHT FROM THE US TO LGW
Cheapest flights from the US originate from New York, Los Angeles, and Boston.
TOP AIRLINES FLYING TO LONDON HEATHROW
- Direct from the United States
- British Airways
- Virgin Atlantic
- Norwegian Air
OTHER AIRLINES FLYING TO LONDON GATWICK
- American Airlines
- Iberia Airlines
- Qatar Airways
- Turkish Airlines
- Cathay Pacific
- WOW air
- TAP Air Portugal
- Royal Air Maroc
- China Airlines
- Air China
- Aer Lingus
- SATA Airlines
- Air Europa
Flightstolondon.org offers the cheapest flights to London Gatwick from hundreds of airlines. With bulk inventory and negotiated prices further boosted by our wide presence in the market, we are able to offer flight rates that are simply incomparable. All our prices are also backed by a solid price match guarantee as well.
Call our 24/7 toll-free number to chose the widest possible option on any single segment and get all the necessary information regarding your flight to London.